Monday, November 9, 2009

Hi my name is alan and i have created this blog to share my experiance in indonisian handicraft. first i willl tell you a bit about my self. I was born and raised in scotland till the age of sixteen , then i moved to canada , to place called whistler, in the province og british columbia,located in the rocky mountains. Let me tell you for a sixteen year old kid this place was like heaven on earth for snowboarding in the winter and all kinds of fun things in the summer , like mountain bikiing, white water raffting, golfing , swimming in the many lakes. My life was whimsical and i quickly addopted the accent of canadians. after three years it was to time to head back to the home land and re-claim my scottish accent that the canadians enjoyed for a brief six month's.

Once home i was back to work right away, i started work with my father as a spray painter of fired retardant paint.. I did that for 2 years before turning my hand to sales. This is where i would discover that i thrived. I first took a jod selling vacums with a air filter system as well as a pwerfull clean to your floors and furniture. This was not my ideal job as the vacum over priced and appointments were made by the promise of a free holiday. My next job in sales was as a door to door gas and electric saleman. I had found my forte. I excelled in this field, making some of the best money i had ever made. After gain some hard experiance in sales i decided it was time to go back to canada to be close to the rest of my family who had since left scotland to reap the benifits of a wonderfull island, Vancouver island, in beautifull british columbia, canada.

Once again i was back where i loved to be , and right back to work as a skilled labourer for my brothers who have a fraiming company. We built a lot of houses togther and it also brought us closer together as a family. I was working for them for about two years when i decided it was time for a change , So i started to research what mightbe a good business for me to do. At first i came across an advert in the paper for a coffee business, which consisted of me putting stall filled packets of coffee for sale in to local shops around the area where i lived. Sounded like a great business with great profit margins, So i sent a deposit on the business , the other half of the money would be paid when i recieved my coffee stall's and coffee to fill them. The problem was it turned out to be a huge scam and i lost fourteen thousand dollars. After having borrowed a lot of money to get started in the coffee business i was left with a big loan and no business, So i continued to look in the papers for idea's.

It was my father who found the indonisian handicraft business for sale. it was a wholesale business in the field of wonderfull and whismical gift idea's, all kinds wooden art from over sea's. We went to see the place and i was instantly interested in this legitimate and fun business, And so the sale went through and i had a company. now i would have to travel to bali to seek out new wooden art .

No comments:

Post a Comment